One of our top selling products! These strips are great for all small straight scars, no matter how they happened. Minor surgery, breast augmentation, keyhole/laparoscopic surgery, biopsy, sutured chin,eyebrows or fingers. are a few types of scars perfect for these strips!
Includes Four 1 in x 6 in Strips with clear backing.
Item number: NG-301S
Uses: Acceptable for use on any external scar. Cut and trim to fit the scar site. Silicone Strips for scars are safe for use on children aged two years and older.
- Developed by doctors for use in hospitals and clinics, NewGel+ Silicone Strips for scars are specially formulated medical grade silicone gel sheeting, clinically proven to reduce, flatten, and fade scars – both old and new.
- NewGel+ Silicone Strips for scars offer a safe, effective, non-invasive method to manage and improve scars.
- NewGel+ Strips work through a combination of occlusion (seals the scar from exposure to air/bacteria), hydration, elevated skin temperature and continuous light pressure.
- Positive results can be seen in as little as 3 weeks.
- Works on a wide variety of scars, both old and new.
- Clear backing is thinner and slightly more conformable than beige backing. Beige backing is thicker and slightly more durable than the clear backing. Both are equally effective and contain the same amount of silicone.
- Silicone strips for scars contain no latex.
- Made in the U.S.A.
Size: Each package contain four 1 inch x 6 inch (2.5 cm x 15.2 cm) strips
Ingredients: Medical Grade Polymerized Siloxanes (Silicone Gel) with a clear polyurethane backing
- Begin using NewGel+ when scar is closed and/or sutures have been removed. Do not use on any open wound.
- Remove NewGel+ from the package. If needed, cut and trim so that it extends at least 1/2 inch (1 centimeter) beyond the area to be treated.
- Wash and dry the area being treated every time you apply NewGel+.
- Peel off release liner and apply NewGel+, adhesive side down, directly on area being treated.
- Make sure the scar site is free of creams, lotions and ointments (including NewGel+E gel) as they will cause NewGel+ to lose adhesiveness.
- Although NewGel+ is self-adhesive, if needed, it can be secured with our NewGel+ Tape or NewGel+ Elastic Netting
- NewGel+ sheeting should be worn every day for 6 to 23 hours. For best results it can be worn continuously but should be removed once per day for inspection of the site and to allow the site to be washed and dried.
- NewGel+ strips for scars should be worn every day for a minimum of 2 months. Additional improvement may occur with continued use up to 6 months.
- When NewGel+ becomes dirty or loses adhesiveness, wash gently with tap water and mild hand soap then air-dry before reapplying.
- If you have highly sensitive skin, begin using NewGel+ for 4 hours per day for the first 4 days to determine any possible reaction. Thereafter, increase usage time.
- NewGel+ silicone strips for scars should be replaced when it deteriorates, disintegrates or will no longer stick. Each piece should last 3 to 4 weeks.
- Keep packaging for storage of the product when not in use.
For Optimal Results:
- Use NewGel+ sheeting as your primary treatment and NewGel+E gel when sheeting would be inconvenient or hard to secure.
- Do not use both products at the same time.
- Do not begin using NewGel+ until your scar site is completely closed (sutures removed, no oozing)
- As with any product applied directly to the skin, some type of reaction (rash) may occur in people with sensitive skin.
- If a reaction occus, wash and dry the area and reapply the product for shorter periods.
- If a rash or serious itching continues, discontinue use and consult your doctor.
- Keep out of reach of children.